Educators at The Roig Academy have a thorough understanding of the learning disabilities that each of its students may be diagnosed with.
- Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.
- Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.
- Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.
- Often does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (loses focus, gets sidetracked).
- Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn’t want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period of time (such as schoolwork or homework).
- Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).
- Is often easily distracted.
- Is often forgetful in daily activities.
Hyperactivity / Impulsivity
- Often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat when sitting still is expected.
- Often gets up from seat when remaining in seat is expected.
- Often excessively runs about or climbs when and where it is not appropriate (adolescents or adults may feel very restless).
- Often has trouble playing or doing leisure activities quietly.
- Is often “on the go” or often acts as if “driven by a motor.”
- Often talks excessively.
- Often has trouble waiting one’s turn.
- Often blurts out answers before questions have been finished.
- Often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g., butts into conversations or games).
This is a whole new take on learning.
At The Roig Academy, we empower, nurture, and promote student achievement in a learning environment where children feel comfortable taking risks in order to inquire, explore and reflect upon their learning. The Roig approach; Reflect, Observe, Inquire and Grow (ROIG), encourages our students to develop the necessary skills that allow them to be successful learners in our global community. Through the facilitation of this approach, our students are able to grow both personally and socially, developing 21st century skills such as collaboration, cooperation, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and creative and critical thinking.
We create a community of learners for children from Kindergarten through 8th grade with a variety of academic strengths and areas of need. Students at The Roig Academy are independent, academically focused and curious learners, however may require additional support in the areas of academic advancement such as ADHD, Gifted and/or a language based learning disability i.e. Dyslexia. At The Roig Academy, each child’s unique social, physical, emotional, cultural and academic welfare is nurtured in a supportive learning community. Individualized academic goals which address areas of interest and academic strengths and needs are regularly monitored and assessed with input from our multidisciplinary team, which includes the child.
We provide an inclusive and collaborative educational environment to students who are independent, academically focused and curious learners. The students, perhaps Gifted, ADHD and/or Dyslexic, may require additional support in the areas of academic advancement. For the past 17 years, The Roig Academy has been providing a hands-on, holistic and individualized educational experience for its students. The school implements the latest research-based teaching and learning pedagogy while maintaining the theory of neuroplasticity (the brain’s ability to rewire itself) at the forefront of its vision. Using programs such as Fast ForWord, Arrowsmith are examples of the multi facet ways we deliver instruction. The Roig Academy is committed to helping its students master the inquiry process, develop strong leadership, critical thinking and problem solving skills required to meet the needs of everyday life in today’s fast-paced, globalized society.
Our students are absent of any diagnoses that identify them as requiring further emotional or behavioral support, including autism.