Fully immersive. Fully bilingual.
Camp Roig has been carefully planned to provide Pre-school age children with a fun learning curriculum incorporating pre-reading, pre-math, fine-motor, gross-motor, sensory-related, and story-related activities. The camp is designed to be delivered in a fully bilingual (Spanish), environment where the student is at the center. Make it an unforgettable experience where your child will be reeled into a thematically inspired program including water days, technology, and cooking.
Celebrating a decade of Fast ForWord at The Roig Academy
Practice makes Perfect.
The Fast ForWord program is based on the science of how the brain learns and retains information. It utilizes the principles of neuroscience to exercise and develop the brain’s processing efficiency, essential for academic learning and reading success. Complemented with the Orton-Gillingham and The Roig Approach, Fast ForWord develops and strengthens memory, attention, processing rate, and sequencing– the cognitive skills essential for reading. The strengthening of these skills results in a wide range of improved critical language and reading skills such as: phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Teachers on staff at The Roig Academy are trained in multisensory, structured language and literacy techniques. Lessons will are tailored to meet the needs of each student throughout this intensive 8-week program. Results will be documented by way of pre and post-tests.
The ability to store information and ideas.
The ability to focus on information and tasks, and ignore distractions.
The rate at which a student is able to accurately perceive and manipulate information.
Placing the detail of information in its accustomed order (for example, days of the week, the alphabet, etc.).
The Scientific Learning Approach
- Critical tasks are practiced at an appropriate frequency and intensity.
- Practice takes place at the right skill level for the individual student—a skill level that continuously adapts to keep the student challenged, but not frustrated.
- Multiple skills are “cross-trained” at the same time for lasting improvement.
- Rewards build as a student progresses, maximizing motivation.
- The learning environment feels “safe,” so students are encouraged to take risks.
- The content is age appropriate and engaging.
- Instructional Support
- Progress Monitor: Day to Day Progress Monitoring
- Individual & Group Instruction